Thursday, May 9, 2019

Kangaroos in Pre-K!

The kids came home last week and told me all about how they got to hold a baby kangaroo. They shared that he would jump into a bag when scared, as if it were his mama's pouch. They talked all about how he drank from a bottle, but said "we didn't get to feed him ourselves" (very disappointed). OH, and they said "but he was a completely white kangaroo". 

Sounds far fetched, right? Of course I didn't believe them!  They (well, mostly JB) frequently come home with really elaborate stories that are, in fact, not true.  A few weeks ago JB ran into my office to tell me how they took turns "jumping from the playground into a huge swimming pool of ranch dressing". When I inquired as to why he didn't smell like ranch, he said "well, we got to take off our clothes, wash them, dry them, then put them back on...."  (Sometimes I worry about his teenage days- he can come up with a little white lie so fast.)

So, yes, white baby kangaroo, I wasn't convinced. Then I received a text from his teacher that evening with some pictures:


This crazy story is actually true!  I guess a church member (or contact of a church member?) raises wild animals for different wildlife centers, and they had an albino baby kangaroo - well, actually a wallaby, but still in the kangaroo family - that they brought to show the kids.  So much excitement.




The kids are still talking about this baby, and they'll probably remember it forever.  I'm thankful for such a great little preschool!

Which, speaking of, they also participated in a day of prayer last week - for our country, state, leaders and parents.  Those kiddos are growing as much spiritually as academically and socially. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment