How is it possible that this little girl is TWO YEARS OLD!!
Or rather, she would probably ask WHY she is two years old, not necessarily "how", because she is very inquisitive and asks "but why" to just about everything we say these days. :)
Regardless, we have a two year old daughter. And Maryn is a sweet, feisty, beautiful little girl who amazes us with her intelligence, stubbornness, helpfulness, and bright spirit. Her smile and laugh are contagious.
I'll start with her smarts - Maryn really is quick (and we don't just say that because she's our daughter). Her vocabulary and phrases (though difficult to understand) grow every single day, she is intuitive and catches on to things (especially things we don't want to her to), and her memory is fantastic, too. So far, she loves everything about school and I hope her love of learning continues. She may just take over the world one day.
Without prompting she has started to use the potty (#1, at least). She'll go about 3-4 times a day, and is so very proud of herself. She runs out and says "YEAAAAAAA!" and gives everyone high-fives. We're encouraging, handing out some serious high-fives, but not pushing her quite yet. It gives me hope that this could be a smooth process for our little gal sometime this year!
Maryn is very helpful and very sweet - but on her own terms. If she gets the sense she's doing something because you want her to....she's likely to not do it. :) She'll give you hugs and kisses out of the blue (but not when asked). She'll share her toys with Bubbies - only after lots of threats and after she does a very big show of playing with it first. She will lose her mind if you touch the food on her plate, but if you ask her nicely "can I have a bite?" she'll say "yeah!" and find a morsel to force into your mouth. She's quite strong willed!
Maryn is still a wonderful sleeper (11-12 hours at night, 2 - 3 hour nap a day), but requires at least 4-5 "papis" in the crib with her. She knows that they must stay in her crib or in her car seat, but sometimes I catch her sneaking them into her purse. She knows to not put them in her mouth, but I guess the thought of them so close gives her comfort. We'll work on those some day...maybe when she's three. Or four. Or going to college.
Speaking of purses, she always has one with her. Girlfriend loves her girly things. For her birthday Maryn received purses and dress up and necklaces and bracelets. She has spent the last 3 days accessorizing.
She is truly Mama's little shadow and must be with me at all times if I'm in the vicinity. I have a little friend in the bathroom with me, she sits on the shower bench (fully clothed) while I bathe, she runs behind me yelling "up, up, UP!" all day and night, and only I can put her to bed. I just can't complain - or discourage it - because I love how much she loves me! (And when I'm not here, she's 100% okay with everyone else. Maryn is so personable, friendly, and really loves people!)
Maryn Elizabeth, you changed our lives when you arrived two years ago. You've changed so much this year, and we can't wait to see you continue to grow. We love you little girl!!
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment