Monday, December 21, 2015

Santa Came to Georgia!

Since we leave for Texas tomorrow, JB made a small request to Santa that he visit us a little early this year.  Fortunately Santa complied, even after JB's tears and screams (and near sharp kick to the crotch area) when the kids visited him this month. 

We were thrilled to wake up and see what Santa brought us on Sunday morning, although JB was a little hesitant to go into the living room, as I think he believed Santa was actually in the living room…



Once he realized there was no jolly man in a suit, he was thrilled to see a Rody horse, light-up sword, Little Blue Truck, a new cowboy plate, and a set of tools.  







Santa filled his stocking with some cute things, but also stuck Puffs in there - so that just pretty much made JB's entire Christmas. 



Santa didn't forget little Maryn on her first Christmas!  She received a super cool, bouncing activity center (that was equally fun for big brother). Although I thought we'd be putting it up for a few more months, I suspect we'll use it a little sooner than we think (stop growing so fast baby girl!!!)



Gia spent the night and the kids were super happy to spend all day with her as they played with their new toys.  I'm pretty sure she had a great time, too.  Even if JB rode his Rody horse a little too wild for her liking.  :)


We spent the evening with the rest of James' family, celebrating Christmas with them and exchanging gifts.  And eating - lots of great food!!  (Note to self: if you even have to ask yourself "did I make enough Mac and Cheese" you probably didn't.  When will I learn to double the recipe?!)  

  
Along with my (small batch of ) Mac and Cheese, James smoked a pork loin, I made some sweet-n-savory sweet potatoes, Lori Anne brought green beans, and Lisa brought broccoli salad.  Aunt Wyllene provided rolls and both pumpkin AND pecan pie - everyone was stuffed!  

The kiddos loved all the company and snuggles with their family.  Everyone was on their best behavior  and very charming, although meal time with the littles (per usual) proved difficult.  (JB only ate a dinner roll and ice cream, and Maryn refused her bottle and totally fell apart until I gave her milk from the tap.)  




Oh, and the little rascals refused to cooperate for family pictures.  However, I can totally forgive them for that because they did sit sweetly and patiently as I attempted some sibling shots in front of the tree.  



After dessert, coffee, and presents, we ended the night with our traditional white elephant game. Everyone forgot the rules and made up rules and lots of silliness ensued until everyone wound up with their final gifts.  




James received a sack of nice dog toys and treats (which Enda appreciated), and I a Target gift (yeaaaa!)  


The evening kicked off the Christmas festivities for our little family, and we look forward to another week of even more family and the making of sweet Christmas memories!  

No comments:

Post a Comment