After really enjoying it a couple weeks ago, we decided to hit it up again this weekend before it closes for the winter. Because it was in the 50s, we made sure to dress JB warm enough in case a snowstorm popped up while we picked out organic swiss chard. Poor kid couldn't even move in all the puffiness (even his pants were fleece lined!)
I was really, really looking forward to this adventure, and it did not let me down! Here is what the bag contained:
JB tried out the sweet potatoes for us, and declared them good.
The meal promises less than 30 minutes, and they were quite right. I managed to get all my prep done while Homefries ate his meal (which was a good thing, because once you started cooking it went very quickly!)
(I know this post is about the meal, but I can't help myself and need to post a few of the little guy. AAAAH, so cute.)
(Until he decides that what you are serving is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY REPULSIVE TO HIM, even though he loved it in the past and, well, even loved it 5 minutes ago.)
(Which is why Enda is getting so chunky - she gets a whole lot of JB's leftovers.)
But back to the meal! Once the sweet potatoes (in a delicious Fall spice blend) and broccoli were in the oven, I turned my attention to the fish. The fishy smell while cooking was strong. So strong that I was a little worried.
The fish finished cooking in the oven (which means that I burned my hand on the skillet multiple times because, HELLO, the skillet was just in the oven-why-can't-I-remember-that!?), and looked lovely (but still smelled funny). A pepper sauce went on the broccoli, and a chef's fish sauce went on top of the fish (did not help the smell).
Once we took a bite - DELICIOUS! Everything came together beautifully, especially when I followed the plating instructions. We ate - and enjoyed - every single bite.
| (I am no food photographer, don't judge!) |
We really enjoyed the G&G experience, and I will totally look for them again at the Farmer's Market next time we need a little culinary adventure (without even leaving the house!)


















What a neat idea!! So the fish still tasted good even though it smelled so strongly?? I probably wouldn't have been brave enough to even try it...strongly-scented fish is just NOT my thing...but if that doesn't necessarily mean that it TASTES super fishy, then maybe I've been missing out!
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of this. I am going to have to try it one time!
ReplyDeleteThis is so awesome!
ReplyDelete