ROOKIE PARENT MISTAKE to think "how crowded could Catch Air be on a Saturday?" Um, it was so crowded. However, JB seems to relish the chaos of a thousand kids running around screaming, and had quite a good time on his first trip.
Catch Air - for those not aware - is basically a massive play area with inflatables, slides, ball pits, stairs, mechanical things (merry-go-round, etc), and forts to climb. They have a pretty good toddler area, and everything (and I mean everything) is padded. Along with everything covered in padding, I'm pretty sure everything is covered in germs. I saw lots of kiddos (including my own) lick multiple surfaces. I just had to push that out of my mind…
It took JB a little while to warm up to this whole adventure, and he spent a lot of time checking out the scene.
We foolishly thought a merry-go-round (again, completely padded going .25mph) would be fun. WRONG. Scared the bejeezus out of the poor guy.
Fortunately we plopped him down in a ball pit, and everything was right with the world again. He spent a good deal of time hoarding balls, and then trying to pass them out to other kids. Such a sharer, this kid!
After the ball pit, we tried one more turning toy because we're mean, horrible parents…
…then gave up on those and decided to show JB the stairs. This boy loves him some stairs!
Once JB figured out how to go through a plastic door, he entertained us (plus lots of other parents) up on top of the "fort". Such a little character.
From the top of the fort, you can go through another plastic door to the slides. Now, we foolishly thought JB would never figure this out. We even said "surely he won't go down the slides, right?" WRONG. As soon as JB saw a few kids go down, he had to try. We were those parents screaming and jumping into the ball pit so we could rescue our (brave) child at the bottom.
Yeah, he's probably a little too young, but it didn't keep him from wanting to do it over and over again!
Before leaving, we tried to let him ride on some stationary animals. JB made it clear that he would not tolerate riding on any animal - even the ones that don't move.
Good time, good times. JB probably needs a few more months before he can really appreciate the Catch Air scene, but it definitely provided him entertainment (and wore him out). Success!


























Oh, Catch Air. I both love it and loathe it. We've had quite a few fun adventures there, but if we're not there as soon as the doors open, I refuse to go. I can't handle the big kids trampling all over the younger ones, nor can I tolerate all of the screaming and squealing. You know you're getting old when YOU need a nap after leaving a place like that...
ReplyDeleteReagan didn't like most of the stuff the one time we went. She LOVES the slides. I don't think he is too young to go by himself at all. Clearly you have a daredevil like us!!
ReplyDeleteHaha! This is hilarious. A slide seems way more scary than a stationary hippo, but who am I to judge! Glad y'all were able to stay in and stay warm.
ReplyDelete