Monday, July 21, 2014

If This Doesn't Melt Your Heart...

Enda has a new best friend - and it's not another furry gal like herself.  Her name is Isabella, she's 6 years old, and these two have developed quite a bond.

Isabella is Nanny Y's daughter, and she comes to our house twice a week during the summer.  This has been a wonderful thing for many reasons:  first, it gives Nanny Y more time with her daughter (which, as a working Mama myself, I realize is super important); second, it has allowed JB time to socialize with another child.  Even though she is older, JB enjoys playing with her, listening to her read, laughing with her, etc.  Third - and maybe the most important - it has shown Enda that not all kiddos are scary.  That some kiddos, in fact, can be your BFF.


Enda has always been a little leery of anyone under 4 feet tall.  Maybe she was chased at the park one too many times as a puppy, but there is definitely fear and trepidation anytime a youngster comes near.  Every youngster but this sweet girl.

Enda follows her around, they lay down and rest together; they play make-believe together (circus - Enda is the lion, I believe); and cuddle all the time.  When they were packing up to leave last Thursday, Enda bolted out of the house, into their car, and refused to leave Isabella's seat.  After everything I've done for that stinkin' dog…..


"I'm sad my BFF left me"
Isabella brought Enda a gift (a new plush toy which she immediately destuffed) and this card.  She told me that the red dog on the right is Enda, and the dog on the left is her.

           

Seriously, if that doesn't touch your heart, you need to check your pulse.  Such sweet friends!




3 comments:

  1. Awwwww!! I love this!! Isabella is SO cute- she can be my BFF, too!! Also, let's chat about dogs that are scared of kids. Lola falls in that category. She's either scared or...umm...just wants to eat them all?? Ugh. It is BEYOND stressful...we just have to put her away in a room or crate because I just don't trust her. She's never bitten anyone or anything, but the way she acts...all the fur on her back stands up, she growls...and then I'm done, I can't let anyone's toddler be the guinea pig in my 'let's get Lola to like kids!' experiment!!! I don't know what to do!!! (She seems not to care one way or another about babies, but it's mobile kids that seem to really freak her out)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enda seems to have lost a lot of height in that photo. : ) Bless her! Is Enda doing any better with other kids now? Sterling hasn't been socialized around kids nearly enough, but it was SO hard! When we got Sterling, Sam was in med school so there were not a lot of babies/kids. We were some of the oldest people in the program... the other students were like 22. Now I'm afraid to socialize because WHAT IF HE FREAKS OUT?!?!?! Glad Enda has at least one small human friend!

    ReplyDelete