Monday, May 19, 2014

Our Good Little Eater

Part of my weekend activities included updating the baby book.  Between the baby book, my journal, and the blog, there are quite a few records of all the important events in JB's life.  What can I say - I'm in HR and like good documentation.  :)

It's amazing to me how his 6 month update referenced the fact that our child was very opposed to solids.  JB wouldn't just calmly spit them out the first few weeks we offered them.  He would forcefully reject them and cry out like "why are you doing this to me!?"  Now, just 6 weeks later, he still whines at meal times - because we're not moving the spoon into his mouth fast enough!  And Heaven forbid someone try to eat in front of him.  He'll start making this whining sound that resembles a hungry puppy, and it's off-the-charts adorable.  He is loving his solids, and, as of this week, is up to three solid meals a day, in addition to his milk. (I was going to wait until 8 months for his third meal at lunchtime, but two just wasn't cutting it anymore for this hungry little hippo.) 

Chicken, Apple, & Sweet Potato cooked with Cinnamon - a favorite

This kid - just changing and growing every day.  I almost can't handle it!!  At least he's enjoying food now, and I'm working hard to make sure he develops more of his Mama's palate.  (If I have two boys in the house who refuse to eat anything "weird", it will just break my heart.)  


(Sidenote - we love this little portable chair that connects to the table, but - as you can see - it gets dirty.  JB likes to take a bite and then lean over to look for Enda.  It's super sweet.  And super icky.  Fortunately it cleans well!) 

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed you could stand pureeing chicken! The thought makes me want to gag. Glad that he is loving solids!

    What a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete