Thursday, March 20, 2014

Weekend Fun with the Fam!

The sweet baptism last Sunday was only a part of the fabulous weekend that I've not yet had time to post about.  (I was traveling Monday - Wednesday for work,  which will require a whole other post about how scary it is to leave a 5 month old…)

My parents came in from Texas to celebrate the baptism AND get in some good times with their grandchild (plus children). They had not seen JB since Christmas, so you can imagine that they were dying to get their hands on that child!  Because I had kept him up a little late to see them, there were quite a few tears as he got passed around.  Fortunately, he was all smiles for Grammy and Gran Gran by the next day.  

Grandson + Gran Gran + Green
Flirting with Grammy
Looking back on our pictures, the days were pretty much spent eating and drinking. Well, and loving on the little guy.   No complaints here - all things we love to do!  

We had a minor - make that MAJOR - brush with celebrity at the Colonnade during lunch.  I realized that the gentleman in front of us in line was Robert Redford, and tried to convince our group to no avail.  My mother doubted I even knew who Robert Redford was (um, hello, I'm not that young), but then he turned around, smiled at us, and we all melted.  YES, it was really the handsome Robert Redford!  They were scouting out the restaurant for a movie, and even followed us back to our table to see about lighting or something.  Part of his entourage commented on cute little JB, and I'm kicking myself for not responding "how cute would it be if Mr. Redford held him while I snapped a pic?"  Oh well…I'll just tell JB this story umpteen million times since we have no proof. 

In addition to baptisms, we also celebrated birthdays!!  Our sweet Godchild turned one year old, and was super adorable as she dug into her cake.  The party was star-themed, and so lovely.

Happy Birthday!

Although I kept forgetting, Saturday was also my birthday. (I kept forgetting because we were so busy, not because I don't appreciate another healthy year on earth.)  We celebrated with  two birthday cakes - one from my mother and one from my mother-in-law. Both dairy free and delicious. 

"Why are they all singing?!"
R is not quite sure about ice cream
"How exciting, Mama - you got paper!"
God blessed us with some beautiful Spring weather, and we took advantage by attending a little street party in Decatur.  JB was all decked out in his St. Patrick's Day gear, and attracted so much attention (and LOVED IT). 

"I'm accepting kisses, ladies - who's next?"
(And, yes, I had JB in his k'tan carrier and a beer in my hand.  This might be how you see us every weekend during festival season - don't judge.)  :)

After the baptism on Sunday - more good eating!  It was wonderful to get the family (and friends) together.  A very special way to round out a great weekend.






(A big thanks to my dad for capturing such great pictures and memories!  Those that are not iPhone pics can all be credited back to him.) 


2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to you! Looks like you celebrated with the perfect weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that we were able to help celebrate with y'all this weekend! Thanks for coming to R's party on your birthday!! I love that picture of her eating ice cream!

    ReplyDelete