Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkins!

I really love Fall.  It's probably my favorite season (until it's still cold in March and then I claim that Spring is my new favorite season.) This past Sunday was full of Fall activities involving pumpkins.  Because how can you get through the month of October without them, seriously.  

I totally wanted to jump on the BIG pumpkin patch experience now that we finally have a youngin', but the idea of driving up to North Georgia with a 3.5 week old was just a little too much for these first time parents. Next year, we're there.  This year, we opted for a little community pumpkin patch at the local church up the street.  It still served the purpose of buying a pumpkin AND getting some cute pictures with our little punkin'.  




We then made very good use of that pumpkin as we battled it out in the (now) annual Pumpkin Carving Contest with our neighbors.  If you recall from last year, we were a bit rusty on how to carve but managed to come out with some good looking jack-o-laterns.  This year, we left the power tool at home (although we still brought the Henckel boning knife again - it carves really well!) and brought a fairly simple design with us.  We also brought a batch of chili.  Thank goodness for strollers that double as carrying carts...


Everyone got into the carving festivities (especially JB)...


And, once again, they looked pretty good!


In case you were wondering, the one third from the left is the pumpkin that James and I carved.  (Well, I traced the pattern and James did everything else, for full disclosure).


Ah, Fall - I dig it.  

3 comments:

  1. Ha. Stroller and shopping cart in one! Glad JB didn't miss out on the pumpkin pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pumpkin!! (JB, that is, although the jack-o-lantern is pretty cute, too) And that stroller really DOES have it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, smart thinking with the stroller. I love his hat!

    We are carving tonight once Reagan goes to bed. But I am going to attempt to let her paint one. Probably going to go bad, very bad.

    ReplyDelete