So last night, some fun neighbors decided to get together and have a pumpkin carving contest. James and I are not artistic, but we had a few things going for us: Pinterest, my Henkel boning knife, and a power drill. (Now, I do not advocate using a good knife, but since we don't have a carving set we were desperate. Martha Stewart actually says to use a sheet rock knife, but we were out of those, too. The Henkel worked great, but the entire time I kept thinking about how it would no longer shear through fish and chicken like it used to!)
Without further adieu, some pictures to show how we rocked at pumpkin carving (said with a slight bit of sarcasm...) :)
I freehanded a face which was supposed to be "scary" but ended up looking a little "goofy". Oh well. This also ended up being a lot harder than I thought, so James helped me finish up the detail work after I
James' pumpkin was actually my idea (via Pinterest, of course), in case you're thinking my honey actually wanted to make a polka-dotted jack'olantern. I promise you, he did not. But, he loves me and he also loved the fact that it required using a power tool.
Everyone's pumpkin turned out so good that there was no more talk of "winners" after everyone finished carving (and had a glass of wine and rice crispy treat.).
I think we can all agree the real winners are the people who walk up and down our street and see these bad boys, all lit up for Halloween. Peachtree Hills - you are WELCOME. ;)














Nice! This is on my 30|30 list so I need to get one carved soon!
ReplyDeleteThey look great!!
ReplyDelete