We had friends and family come in from all parts of the State: Dallas, Denton, Ft. Worth, Houston, Austin, plus all the Wacoans, of course. Ms. Leron also joined us from Georgia! I loved getting to see all these special people, have them love on the belly, and also hear their advice as we prepare for our own baby.
![]() |
| Lots of ladies, gabbing away... |

![]() |
| A couple of potential girlfriends... |
Of course, there were shower games. One of the more fun ones included people guessing my size. Now, I will tell you, I get unsolicited comments about my belly on a daily basis. Questions about if I'm having multiples, if I'm overdue, if I'm going to birth a toddler, etc. I do not mind them as much as find them funny (am I really that big!?), but the fact that most people cut several yards of ribbon to go around me just fed into this running joke.
| Enough to go around and tie a bow... |
| PERFECT FIT - thanks to new mama, Laura, for keeping the belly in perspective |
It was just as much fun to catch up and see some of these gals as open the presents. Well, almost, I do really love presents - and we received so many great things! Great books that we can start reading to him from the beginning; many practical items for keeping the baby fed, healthy and clean; lovies, toys, and stuffed animals; a video baby monitor so that my highly anxious self can check in on him at all times...plus much more. I particularly loved the items that came highly recommended by the mamas in the crowd. (Plus the mamas who patiently explained how I was to use some things - we're still a bit clueless on baby products.) I also think we can agree that boy clothes are just as adorable as frilly pink stuff. So stinkin' cute!
Two dear friends crocheted beautiful baby afghans. I must make 10+ baby afghans a year for others, and absolutely love making and gifting them. However, for some reason, I have had a hard time making one for my own son. I'm grateful to these ladies who made sure he has special blankets like this.
I was also pleased that he'll have some good Texas outfits to remind everyone of his heritage. He may be born in Georgia, but since his Mama is about 8th generation Texan I feel this at least qualifies him for dual State citizenship.
Mother also surprised me with a few very sentimental items. A set of sheets that my Mimi had embroidered even before I was born (and noted later that it should be kept for my own babies ) She had also kept all my favorite books from when I was a child.
I cannot believe how sweet and generous our friends and family were. Seriously, spoiled already!
More important than all these great things we received, he is spoiled with some really great family. And this is only a few of them from one side! I feel so blessed to have these people a part of our lives and his life.
| Sweet grandparents |
| Lots of beautiful women to spoil him |
![]() |
| His aunties |
| The beautiful hostess (and Uncle Kelly) |
-------------------------------------------------------
Another very special part of the weekend was a visit to my Waco church family. They were super kind to give us a lovely gift and special blessing during the service that morning. This church family was and is such an important part of my life, and I loved that we could spend Sunday worship with them.
-------------------------------------------------------
A fantastic, memorable Waco weekend - a very big THANK YOU to everyone who was a part of it. Next time I come home and see y'all, we'll have a baby to introduce you to!
























Looks like it was a great shower - glad you are being spoiled by your friends and fam!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to all three of you! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Blessings! :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect party! You look absolutely gorgeous. I was such a gigantic tank when I was preg! :))
ReplyDelete1) I love that dress!
ReplyDelete2) Looks likes y'all had a great time.
3) Those cute little ladies can be girlfriends, but just it has been decided my sweet Reagan and JB will be married.