Monday, July 29, 2013

We Are Back!

We are back!!  Did anyone miss us??  It's been a whirlwind of a few days for the Sasser family, complete with lots of driving, flying, family, friends, TEXAS, a baby shower - I can't even begin to think about how I'll write up the weekend post!

Fortunately, I have another day or two to come up with how to describe what was an awesome weekend, plus get through my hundreds of pictures.  While Ms. Leron and I traveled to Texas via Delta Airlines, James traveled once again across the South via 1-20, with Enda in tow.  He's currently on his way home with all our luggage (including my camera) and shower gifts and Texas products.  While part of me is glad to be back in our house and settled in, part of me is sad I'm not out there on the open road with him.  I always enjoyed our 14 hour road trips to/from Texas.  Fortunately, he has the dog child to keep him company.  :)

Speaking of Enda, poor little gal spent the last hour before the long haul already in the back of car, petrified that she would be left.  As we loaded up all our goodies and luggage in the back and on top of the car, she stayed just like this: 

"save room for me, guys!"
(Don't worry, she didn't have to ride the whole way like this. She was only resigned to her bed until James dropped Ms. Leron and me off at the DFW airport; then, she was back to riding in luxury with full access to the front seat, a good 4 ft of the back, and multiple blankets, toys, and antlers.  SPOILED ROTTEN DOG.)

So stay tuned - more to come!

3 comments:

  1. Awww...poor Enda!! Can't wait to hear about your shower!!

    (Reread that and laughed. BABY shower, of course. I trust your morning showers are just fine and not so thrilling that you need to update us about your Herbal Essence moments. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl, she looks pitiful. Glad you had an enjoyable weekend! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Enda! I can't wait to hear/read about your shower.

    ReplyDelete