Sunday, February 12, 2012

We're Still Around!

So, what have we been up to lately?  Honest to goodness, I had to look back on the iPhone to figure out what we have been doing the last few weeks.  Sadly, I didn't capture much except the usual snapshots of the kitties.  Between James' school work (he has some very hard classes this semester, including Stats), my newfound love of yoga, and the fact that we need to be lazy on the weekends to survive our weeks...not much to report out on, folks.

In case you were wondering about our felines, they are still kicking.  Considered now "seniors" (since they are 8 years old), they do a lot of chill-axing.  But, they laid around constantly at 2 years old, too, so I'm not that worried.

Loving the fire with her white mouse baby

Loving her new perch

Loving...absolutely nothing about her life
Oh, and there has also been a lot of COOKING going on in the Sasser household.  I don't mean to brag, but we've turned out some good dishes as of late.  First, there were the batches and batches of soup that we made for the church soup kitchen.  I got teased on Facebook for using Veg-All (hey, I was following the recipe and you don't question the older church ladies!!), but I can fondly remember my grandmother making a very mean beef-n-veggie soup with Veg-All.  I thought it turned out great!



That same weekend we had a birthday party for the lovely Mrs. Kellee Murphy.  Thank goodness she requested the chocolate cheesecake because I was dying to try out this new recipe.  It was a keeper!  (Just wish I could have convinced all the guests to take some home, because I polished off that sucker the next week....)



This week I get to...yes, "get to"...travel to NYC for work.  (Now that I'm not on the road each week, these monthly trips are actually pretty fun!)  Since this trip coincides with a holiday, it means one thing:  gotta take my colleagues some baked goods!  Can't wait to pass out these hearts!  I even made enough for James to take to his team in Washington, DC.  The Sassers are spreading love all up the NE corridor, one heart shaped cookie at a time...


There ya have it, folks!  We're around, but just not too exciting.  I'll be sure to post more this week if we can manage to get into something good.  :)

1 comment: