(Side note: McTighe's was one of those old Irish pubs that was loud, smokey, and just the type of place for the boys to get into no good. I think that James and Michael Murphy probably tacked a few more years to their life with its closing, and I know that I am a much happier person since I no longer have to endure it. I love a good hole-in-the-wall, but this place was more like the gateway to hell. Okay...maybe that's a little dramatic...but it was TERRIBLE.)
So, the mirror was in great shape except for a beat up wood frame which had nail holes and some green and purple glitter. (I'm thinking a Mardi Gras party that got out of control? Who knows...) I've been thinking through how to spruce it up, and decided for a black, painted "rub through" look. Turned out pretty good!

The mirror is now making me think that I need to redecorate downstairs, with new colors and furniture. I shared this with James who gave me that look like "don't go there, crazy woman!". :) Oh well, at least the mirror is looking pretty cool!















Looks great!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job, and I love me some Bass.
ReplyDelete