Friday, January 22, 2021

Introducing our Sweet Ginger Kitty

I can't believe I'm typing this...but we got a cat!!!  James finally relented after his wife and children begged and begged and prayed for a kitty.  Ginger started out in the garage as an "outside cat", then made it onto the screened in porch within 2 days, and now she's inside our house and sleeps on JB's bed every night. The girl is a charmer, what can we say.  




Out of all of my cats throughout my (nearly) 40 years, I've never had a calico. She's just gorgeous, with the absolute sweetest demeanor. Our neighbors brought her over at Halloween (she had been hanging out at their house as a stray), thinking she may be a good cat for the farm (where James wants some ferals to control the mice).  She confidently came out of the carrier, purring and rubbing our legs, let the kids hold her and drag her around like a rag doll.  I said "there is no way we can drop this cat off at farm!!"  Plus she was small (the vet said about 4 months old) - still a kitten.  While I can't imagine that someone would cruelly dump her off  (which appears to be the case, as I did try and try to search for an owner), I'm so glad she wound up with us. After the past several months I can definitely say that she's a great cat!

I'm not sure who came up with Ginger but it stuck and it fits.  Although everyone (BUT JAMES) loves her, she is certainly closest to JB and me.  JB just adores her, and even has learned to clean the litter box and feed her.  She starts hollering every morning around 530AM for wet food, and loves to hide and ambush us (and Enda) when we walk by. After several weeks of tension, she and Enda have actually become friends, playing with each other and living harmoniously in the house.  

We excited to have her part of our family. :)  And now for tons of cat photos from her first few months as a Sasser, because why not.  















No comments:

Post a Comment