Thursday, August 27, 2020

Maryn's Head Gets Glued, Part III

This girl!!  I wouldn't even call Maryn a daredevil or a rough-and-tumble child, but she always manages to hurt herself. 

This weekend she was playing in the playroom with Wesley and her neighbor bestie, Libby, when all the sudden I heard cries and screams. She ran to the top of the stairs, holding her head, and I could see blood running through her fingers and down her face.  Same scene as the other two times this happened (in 2017 and 2019), same side of the head and everything.  

Fortunately I could see quickly that it was not serious, but the gash was deep enough (and in such a prominent place on her eye brow) that we needed to make a trip to urgent care for some glue.  When you're talking about a pretty girl's face, the goal after a gash is to minimize the scar!!  



Geez Louise, little girl, we need to keep you in a helmet!!


(And, Maryn finally told me what happened: she was trying to pull a blanket out of the stuffed bean bag chair, and she must have pulled with such force that when it finally released she lost her balance and fell back into her play kitchen. The play kitchen has rounded edges - nothing sharp - but she still managed to catch is just right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment