Last week, James' company, GovStrive, hosted over 150 people for the third annual GovStrive company-wide holiday party. I'm so proud we can do this for so many reasons: first, to bring everyone together to celebrate the season and the successes of the year; second, a chance to show off the hometown headquarters and the work and impact we're making in the community; and, third, an opportunity to have fun with colleagues that many people don't see but just once a year (as the company has grown to three different offices).
Before the Friday night festivities, we hosted the Management team at our house for a smaller, more intimate affair. I always enjoy this because - and I say this as humbly as possible - it's really my only chance to show off the beautiful decorations. Our house looks lovely this year!
I didn't take too many pictures because busy playing hostess. The Country Club catered and made our lives exponentially easier by setting up, cooking, taking down, cleaning up, and washing dishes. I mean, you could argue I didn't do much to host, other than quickly hide all evidence of children and life before the guests arrived.
Truthfully I stayed up a little too late (and enjoyed a little too much vino) on Thursday, so Friday dragged a bit. It required a 3PM Venti Americano to rally for the Friday party!
We hosted at the renovated Ice House, one of the coolest venues in the area and now owned by friends. They did a beautiful job on the facility, and delivered on a cool ambiance and delicious food. Just like last year, Danielle pulled together one heck of an event.
James delivered one of the best speeches I've heard from a leader, emphasizing the growth and diversification of the company, the strength and stabilization (after only 5 years in operation), and also the commitment they are making to our community to grow jobs, give back and invest in future employees through children's and education programs.
We had "Dr. Don" playing some guitar music throughout dinner, then a DJ for lots of fun dancing tunes late into the evening. We had caricature artists and photo booths, plus door prizes throughout the night. People had a wonderful time.
You know it's a good party when the ladies have shed their heels...
A wonderful, marquis event of our Christmas season. I'm so proud of James and this strong, generous company that he has built!
No comments:
Post a Comment