Friday, June 1, 2018

Family Beach Pics - the good, the bad, the funny...

Lord have mercy, how hard is it to get three children to all smile and look at the camera.  IMPOSSIBLE, I TELL YOU!!!!  I have about 300 deleted pictures to prove it. 

During our weekend at Tybee, I attempted multiple times to get group pictures of our three darling kiddos.  Each time led to tears (Mama's), but resulted in some funny shots that I might as well share.

But first, some super sweet pictures of little Wesley on his first beach trip.  So photogenic, he reminds me of the Gerber baby. I love how he smiles and doesn't stick out his tongue and hasn't yet been influenced by his mischievous older siblings.  I've probably got another year of super sweet pics before he joins them in thwarting all my picture efforts.  :)






Then we add in the other two. Also beautiful children, just not so cooperative anymore. We practiced with some group photos on the deck. I got scowls and then things fell apart when people started licking their siblings...



The next morning, still hoping to capture some photo magic in their new matching summer PJs, we headed to the beach.  Squinting (it was not even sunny yet!!!!), scowls (how are we already unhappy at 9AM!?), funny faces (JB!!), whining (Maryn!!), confusion (Wesley!!), and then surrender (Mama).







I tried to get Gia in on the action, which resulted in one acceptable photo out of many attempts.  (The other ones are not appropriate for the blog because someone couldn't find it in herself to sit lady-like. And I'm not talking about Gia.)


Honest to goodness, professional photographers are worth every penny for working their magic and capturing the perfect family shot.  Until I figure out their secret, I'll keep torturing my family and laughing at the results. (Because while I may not get one of them all smiling, these definitely showcase their personalities and remind me of why I love them so fiercely).   

No comments:

Post a Comment