Saturday, June 30, 2018

A Kerr Family Visit

My parents drove over from The Great State this past week, bringing along a very special treat - cousin Tori Claire!  She's been our baby whisperer since JB's infancy, and all of our children adore her.  She and Maryn share a trait - their pretty red hair!  And, speaking of, Maryn's hair never looked so cute (my niece can french braid like a rockstar). 



As they packed up the car, JB asked his Gran Gran if he could "make sure to bring Tori every single trip".  If I could convince this girl to move in with us, I would. Who needs High School, right?? 

Some fun adventures from our trip.  First, the kiddos loooooooooved some pool time with their big cousin.



They also played a lot outside - on the swingset, the blow up pool, or building/painting rocketships out of cardboard boxes. 




We did a lot of eating, of course, because we're Kerrs.  My dad made crawfish etouffee one night, we had neighbor night and I made a delicious gazpacho with shrimp, we ate fried fish at a local joint, country club one night for dinner...the list goes on and on....





On day we headed to Macon to the Art and Science museum. After several trips this year, I finally took the plunge and bought a membership.  We love this place! They had a traveling bug exhibit that - at first - caused Maryn some major distress. By the end, however, she was comfortable with the gigantic moving creatures.









Grammy and Gran Gran (+ Tori) took JB to see The Incredibles 2.  This came after watching the first Incredibles every single night of their trip. This kid loves that movie!


Of course, it wouldn't be a trip from Texas if Mother didn't bring me boxes and boxes of stuff from the motherland. Some stuff I love (i.e. anything from HEB, my favorite books from childhood), and some stuff she has to guilt me into keeping (i.e. t-shirts from summer camp in 1991!?!?!)


We had such a great time.  Always have such a great time.  I wish we were closer, but appreciate that my parents are willing to do a long haul trip across that South.  Start planning your next trip, guys!  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment