However, we did stop by on Saturday morning to check in with all the people we knew battling it out. We got to sample a few ribs, look in lots of pits (more exciting for James than me), and then enjoyed some kid-friendly things in the park. The day was gorgeous! I wish I had a picture of our little ones in front of this GIANT pig made out of a hay bale, but, alas, our little piglets refused.... Here is what I did capture on camera:
First, Maryn finally, FINALLY got brave enough to ride a pony. The pink saddle convinced her.
JB would only ride the largest pony, and expressed disappointment that they didn't have any large stallions for him to ride. He's an old pro now - future rodeo star??
JB slid down the massive slide umpteen times. It never gets old for him!
Maryn said she wanted to slide, too, and we paid the money and took off her shoes. Just then an older child got on the slide with her face painted - cue the freak out from Maryn!! Girlfriend just can't handle face paint (or masks, or costumes.)
Finally, JB asked to ride this small attraction. Although his Mama said "no", his Daddy said "yes, and I'll come with you". They rode it (while I held onto the baby AND Maryn, who was still recovering from the face paint episode.)
Fun day! We came home smelling like BBQ - but there are worse things, right?? :)













No comments:
Post a Comment