Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Our July 4th (which didn't feel like July 4th...)

When was July 4th?  Months ago? Weeks ago?  It came by and went.  Partly because things are so busy right now, and partly because James wasn't here due to a work commitment.  We don't like to celebrate a holiday without our Daddy. So we pretended it was a regular day. :)

I realized last night as I scrolled through pictures of the kids (anyone else do this before they go to sleep every night??) that I documented our July 3/4 holiday quite well.  I had such a fun time with the kiddos, especially as I had missed them terribly with my two week trip before.

July 3rd - we started off with a picnic at the playground!  We picked up biscuits and pancakes from Lue Anne's to enjoy under the gazebo.  



This little Miss started the day off in Time Out, but she improved her attitude and behavior over the day, haha.  Getting (too) close to two. 


They wanted to swing with Mama and take Selfies.  They are so trained (even know to look at the lens!)


Enda got to go, too. I had sort of missed her.  Sort of...


After the park, we headed to the pet store so Enda could get her mani/pedi.  Who knew the petstore could provide so much entertainment!!  


The kids really, REALLY wanted a new kitty.  I told them to talk to their father... I'll let you guess what he said.


July 4th - we started with homemade waffles which makes everyone soooooo happy.  I get lots of help when we make waffles. (And by "help" I mean they boss me around and tell me "take it out, take it out, it's GREEN!!!")


I also took some time to work on the Playroom Project.  More to come, it's NEARLY finished!


After JB woke up from his nap (and while little sister kept snoozing) we got in a good game of Zingo!


Then we headed for the pool to cool off. (It was exceptionally hot.  Well, IS - I don't think it's cooled off yet!)  Instead of splitting a double popsicle (like Mama normally suggests) each child got their own (huge) red-white-blue popsicle.  HAPPY CHILDREN!!



(I'd like to note that they both own water shoes but refuse to actually wear them to the pool. They beg to wear their rain boots. Not the battle I choose to fight each day...)

After swimming we had a picnic at the pool.  I've never seen my children eat so well as after a swim.  Even carrots and apples without complaint.


And then, July 5th - after a fun two days of 1:1 time with Mama....


It's hard to go back after the holidays, y'all!  But such fun days and memories with these munchkins. Even without fireworks and parades and all that July 4th jazz.  

No comments:

Post a Comment