Friday, July 28, 2017

Mama got a Sweet New Ride!

I absolutely love my station wagon but I don't get to drive it much during the week because our nanny uses it to shuttle the kids.  This leaves me driving the Big Green Beast waaaaaaay more often than I'd like. That Dodge Ram 4X4 truck was an older, massive hoss when my dad used it way back when as a farm truck, and now James is the proud owner (and shows no interest in giving it up any time soon). He likes to take it hunting and fishing and for "guy stuff", so it's routinely dusty and full of camoflouge and pork skin packages.  And the A/C is sketchy, the engine is so loud I can't take conference calls while in it, and it literally requires every ounce of my strength to steer it. I get to drive it manhandle it around town when I go get lunch, go to appointments or meetings, or get a mani on Friday afternoons.  I try not to complain (too much).  :)

I had briefly mentioned to James that perhaps I need to find an older, simple little run around car that I can better manage.  I didn't take it too seriously, and obviously didn't expect anything soon.

Then my sweet husband drove home last night and surprised me WITH THIS!!!


AAAAAAAAAAH, are you kidding me!? I get to drive this around town!?!?  I've never been surprised with a car, I've never had a convertible, and I've never felt more spoiled.  I'm glad he went with the element of surprise because I never would have agreed that I needed it. But, now that it's mine, I'm SOOOOOO excited.

(It's also going to make the shift to a minivan a little easier if and when that must happen to accommodate three littles.)

A big thank you to my honey - you're so good to me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment