Friday, June 30, 2017

The Work Baby is Born!

I'm sitting here wrapping up my last set of emails and stuffing the last thing in my over-sized suitcase that holds 2 weeks worth of clothes/shoes/toiletries - and wishing I could just click my heels and be HOME.  I'm missing my babies and my honey like crazy!

However, ending these two weeks, I'm very happy to announce that our HR On Demand baby - a 20 month project to design and deliver a global HR system in a big bang implementation to 90K employees in 96 markets with nearly 200 integrations - is here.  And things went well, especially considering the scope.

This project has been a huge part of my life.  It's meant a lot of late nights and early morning on calls, a lot (a LOT) of travel and working side-by-side with Colleagues from all over the world. It's been the first time I've done a big implementation from "the other side" (meaning, as the client, not the consultant), which means that this go-live is just the beginning for me.  Now we've got to run the thing. :)

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to lead and work with the most amazing teams on this project. It will go down as a highlight and key accomplishment of my career.

But, now, it's time to get home and snuggles these babies.  I've missed them and the 48 hours I got with them last weekend was not enough!!






(They are obsessed with their baby cousin. JB asks me all the time "when does our new baby get here?"  I feel like I can finally turn attention to preparing for the new little guy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment