Thursday, January 5, 2017

Christmas Time!

What a whirlwind Christmas week we just experienced!  (Well, really Christmas Season!)  I kept planning out a big post with lots of pictures to document the fun and excitement, but the new year is fast approaching now over and I've got to just get something down on paper.  And whatever pics I can manage to upload (unedited, unfiltered, unorganized).  New Year's Resolution is to get this old blog back on track (and print it - don't I say that every single year!?)

First, JB's little school had a couple of Christmas events that warmed our hearts and put big smiles on our faces.  He had a Christmas party one Friday which Maryn and I attended.  So stinkin' cute.  (Sissy is soooooo ready for school!)





The school also had a Christmas Program the next Friday, and JB's class wore elf hats (for the first few minutes, at least) and sang "Baby Jesus"*. Can I brag on the little man for a bit? JB knew every single word to the two verse song, and now sings it for every blessing at dinnertime.  He did GREAT.




(JB did so well during his song, but quickly became bored with sitting up there for the others' songs. Fortunately my dad sat up front taking pictures and convinced him to stay put/got these funny pictures.)




My parents got to attend the Christmas program because they were here for 13 days!!  So much fun!! Ms. Leron came for Christmas, so the children enjoyed all of their grandparents under one roof.  How special is that?

We spent Christmas Eve visiting neighbors and resting (as we spent Christmas Eve Eve in the ER with JB - he is fine, but suffered from a case of epididymitis.  Won't go into details for his privacy, of course!)  Christmas Eve services at our church were so lovely.  That evening we put out reindeer food and cookies for Santa!  Snowflake (our Elf on the Shelf) had left the children matching PJs for Christmas and, hello, so adorable.




Santa (plus the g-parents and other friends and family) spoiled the kids again this year!  JB got a trampoline, a helicopter and some bear slippers from Santa, and Maryn received her very own chair, some bunny slippers, and an educational toy that beautifully coordinated with the colors in her room. So snazzy, that Santa!

Okay, get ready for picture overload!  I'm pulling from both mine and my dad's cameras here.

















I had the privilege of cooking Christmas dinner WHICH I ABSOLUTELY ADORED!!!  Everyone kept saying they felt bad that I cooked so much, but no one understood that cooking for others is a Merry Christmas to me!  James used a reverse sear method on a beef tenderloin, and I made white acre peas, a salad, and cornbread sausage dressing. Not to brag, but James says it's the best dressing he ever had.  Southern Living, FTW.






A lovely Christmas!  Our first one in the new house in our new little town.  We are so blessed to have spent it with our family, celebrating Christmas and the birth of our Lord and Savior.

* Baby Jesus, Baby Jesus
Please don't cry, Please don't cry!
Don't you know we love you, Don't you know we love you,
Very much, Very Much.

Baby Jesus, Baby Jesus,
Born to Us, Born to Us!
You came down to save us, You came down to save us,
Amen. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment