Wednesday, July 15, 2015

"Sprinkled", Loved, and Blessed with Wonderful Neighbors

We have the best neighbors.  It's one of the reasons we only moved 7 houses up the street - we can't leave these people.

Of the 6 couples, at least 4 of the couples were together last Thursday, Friday, and Sunday night. In fact, on Sunday night, all 6 couples enjoyed (a phenomenal) brisket dinner in someone's backyard.  I love that everyone just brings themselves, a side, their kids, their dogs - and it's such a great time.  And I love that JB has this little community of big (and little) people who he's comfortable with - he even gives all the ladies hugs goodbye now!

Speaking of the ladies, on Saturday they took me to lunch for a sweet "sprinkle" for Baby Girl.  Very girly, with pink flowers, pink nail polish favors, delicious French food, dessert, and mimosas (OJ for me - but still in a champagne flute so a little more "special").


The two hours of girl time and girl talk was fantastic, but then I was also surprised with so many sweet presents for the little girl.  Pink outfits, soft baby gowns, lacy dresses, knit blankets, washcloths and burp rags (in pink, of course), and sweet smelling soaps.  I know I've said that boy clothes are "just as fun"…but I didn't realize what I was missing!


So thankful for these sweet ladies (and families) that God has put on our street and in our lives.  I (and the little gal) feel so blessed!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for this little girl! I mean JB was the best dressed little guy ever, I can only imagine how adorable she'll be.

    ReplyDelete