However, I didn't expect that I would turn into a complete crazy person about this silly animal. I'm turning into one of those people who refers to us as "Mom" and "Dad" when talking to Enda. Who lets the dog get into the bed (and under the covers) once James has gone to sleep. Who actually HOLDS a 45 pound dog and includes her in family pictures! Absolutely ridiculous.
I know what you're thinking. 'Not you, Jennie, you're so sane and rational!'. Well, folks, it's true. Evidence below:
![]() |
| Posing at Christmas....with the dog... |
![]() |
| Crossing over the Mississippi - family photo time! |
![]() |
| I almost used this as a Christmas card, y'all! I have no shame! |
![]() |
| Thanks, Missy, for capturing this sweet, weird moment with my dog and naming it "Jenda" |
If this is not proof that we need a child - pronto - then I don't know what is. If you ever see Enda in an outfit, please just smack me upside the head.

















Haha LOVE this!! And I'm impressed that you can hold her so well. Lola weighs about the same as Enda but I canNOT hold her. She gets super wiggly (anxious?) and squirms to get down, and she's way too awkward and big for me to win that fight!! So either Enda is really tame or you have scary muscles hiding under those shirts.
ReplyDeleteI think it's the former - Enda is just so used to being picked up that she complies. I can almost hear her sighing, rolling her eyes, and thinking "guess crazy Mom is going to pick me up again..."
DeleteLOL! Love this!
ReplyDeleteJenda is amazing!
ReplyDeleteI think you totally should have used that one for the Christmas card! She is rocking that scarf. And I will have you know that even now that we do have a human child, we still treat our dogs like humans, and we still refer to ourselves as their mom and dad... and maybe we talk on their behalves... and maybe we pretend that one of them runs a business out of his crate... and maybe I'll stop there.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! Made me laugh on a rainy day. I Love hearing Enda stories!:)
ReplyDeleteI am the same way, my friend...same way! Well, I can't pick Aggie up anymore...she has a few lbs on Enda!
ReplyDelete