Friday, January 11, 2013

And I'm off!

No one be concerned, but I may be a little quieter this next week on the blog.  I'm off on another adventure!  This time to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and, yes, it's "work travel" not "fun travel".  That being said, I always try to have as much fun as I can.  I plan to use every non-working moment to explore a country I've never seen.

Just for reference, KL is here:


I didn't know that until last night when James said "where is it again?"  He did not like my "somewhere in Asia" answer, so he looked it up for me.  :)

My flight today takes me from Atlanta to Amsterdam, and then Amsterdam to KL.  I leave tonight (Friday) at 5:35PM, and land in KL at 7:00AM on Sunday.  On the way back next Friday, I leave KL at 11:20PM and arrive in Atlanta at 9:30AM on Saturday (following a brief stop over in Seoul, Korea).  That's a whole heckuva lot of flying, folks.

To keep me occupied throughout all these long flights, I have the following:

1) Breaking Dawn 


Yes, that's right, I'm supporting my goals to "read more" with this excellent piece of literature.  I just finished a great, quality book about Germany in the 1930s (In the Garden of Beasts - highly recommend), so I feel like I deserve a little trash time.  Plus, I need to close out this Twilight series, and I refuse to watch the movie because I don't care for that pouty Trampire, Kristen Stewart.  

2) Bejeweled

I had cut myself off cold turkey from Bejeweled early last year, deleting the app completely from my iPhone and iPad.  I just downloaded again last week, and I'm so glad it's back in my life!  Hey, I need something to occupy my time on the flight, and I can definitely kill a few hours trying to beat my high score...



3) NANCY K!

Fortunately, I have a good friend from my consulting days to share this flight over with.  Many hours of girl talk - can't wait!   We're already good travel buddies, having traveled to several countries together over the past few years.

Bears in Berlin! (2010)


I'm going to miss my honey and the furbabies, but looking forward to this opportunity to see a different part of the world. Talk to y'all on the flip side!




2 comments:

  1. MALAYSIA??!! Speeeeaking of places I'd never think to travel to! What a fun opportunity! You better grab (or download) a few extra books-- don't know if one Twilight book is enough for what- 600 hours of flying? Yikes. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Make sure to take another book with you! I think you'll finish that one on the flight there! Can't wait to see the pics from your adventure!

    ReplyDelete