Now, the 5 inches of snow on Sunday/Monday (proceeded by a horrible sheet of ice that is still out there) caused major shut downs: the airport, most major interstates, all schools and governments, and the majority of office buildings (including ours). After working almost three winters up in the Northeast corridor, living in DC for a while, and traveling to Montreal this winter, I wasn't TOO impressed with these 5 inches. What was more impressive was how Atlanta reacted! The news actually encouraged people to abandon their cars on the interstate and call 911to come pick them up. I guess that's a safe alternative to driving, but it's only now (Tuesday) that the news is recommending people to call a tow truck and get their abandoned car off the interstate! As if people thought they could just leave them all week? And, what's more, the news is having to remind people that, no, they cannot expect that city to pay for the tow truck and they'll have to pick up the towing tab themselves. Which means people now want to actually DRIVE their cars off the interstate....and then the cycle starts all over again. Geez Louis...
Considering the fact that most every Monday I work from home anyway, it wasn't a true "snow day" for me - just another Monday that happened to be a lot colder. With a closed airport, James' flight was also canceled (yea!) I don't usually get excited about a canceled flight because I know the headache it causes, but it did mean two more days with my honey. And us trying to share a 1000 sq ft condo while both on conference calls. It got pretty dicey in here, folks.
Let's get to some snow pictures so my amigos from the North stop saying "oh, Atlanta, stop your belly-aching, I'm sure you got a mere dusting at most". Well, my dear Yankee friends....check it:
Snowfall starting to fall pretty heavy on Sunday night.
The aftermath on Monday morning - snow everywhere!
| My hooptie - the snow is actually an esthetic improvement for her. |
We have issues with parking violations here at the Manor, and we all know I'm a stickler for rules! I totally love to walk the parking lots on the weekends and tow the delinquents. Here, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that he/she did not strictly follow our 30 minute parking rule here at the condo? Guess the snow made me a softie, because I refrained from calling the towing company.
| Rule-breaker! |
| My sweet honey, all bundled up |
| Enjoying our snow day at home together!! |















No comments:
Post a Comment