Sunday, August 15, 2010

Catching Up

Oh no - where does the time go?  Since I am an avid blog stalker, I can tell you how sad I get when I see that friends haven't posted in hours or days or weeks.  I now have a whole new empathy because my new baby blog is already feeling a bit neglected.

To be honest there hasn't been too much to report, other than the normal craziness and travel schedule that is our life at the moment.  So, trying to remember the last few weeks, I'll report out in bullet points:

  • My project team and I successfully survived another go-live the first of August - woo hoo!  Consultants will understand the importance and stress that only a go-live can bring.  The client and D-folks celebrated by jumping into to the pool of the Marriott, but I was the party pooper who left the party early and went to bed in dry clothes.  Don't think I didn't hear about it the next few days... 
  • My good Wacoan friend, Clay Caswell, came to visit us a couple of weeks ago, and we really enjoyed a relaxing weekend of food, driving around Atlanta, asking Dr. Caswell, PhD random science questions and trying to get him to dispel Global Warming (that was James), and discussing life in general.  We were sad that Jenni and little Connor weren't able to join, but a lot of our conversation was thinking of a mid-point between North Carolina and Georgia for a Caswell/Sasser fun-filled weekend adventure. 
  • As of August, I've made Platinum on Delta, Platinum at Macy's, and Marriott "gifted" me 20K points because of my recent issues with their service.  All in all, this indicates that I fly too much, shop too much, and obviously complain too much.  
  • Week 8 with my new personal trainers and I've gained 8 lbs.  Coincidence?  I don't really worry about my size (my 7 jeans still fit at least), but what woman likes to watch the scale continue to go up and up!  People keep saying "muscle", but unfortuntely I don't see "muscle" as much as I see "booty".  It appears my back end is absorbing some of this weight, and I worry that my Atlanta-based trainer is confusing me with one of her clients with a rapper boyfriend who likes that sort of thing.
  • This past week I headed back to New Jersey for the first time in 6 weeks. We celebrated with some lovely dinners at the Gladstone (an old project fav) and a wonderful new favorite, 90 Acres.  While I was enjoying a beautifully prepared steak tartar and Wagyu filet at 90 Acres, I thought to myself that perhaps it's not the trainer contributing to the extra lbs...
And, you're pretty much caught up.  To my dear blog, I'm recommitting myself to you.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could have been there, too!! I am all about a weekend adventure, though!!!!

    ReplyDelete