It's really had to believe this school year has come to an end! It went by pretty fast! And I think a sign of a good school year: the kids were hesitant for it to end. When I would say "are y'all excited about summer?" they would pause and say "but I'll really miss my teachers". Seriously, they had some GREAT ones this year!
Closing out the school year took approximately 4 weeks. The end-of-year activities across church, community and school seems to go on the entire month of May!
First, we closed out at the Ford with the final oyster roast of the season (they'll pick back up again in the Fall). Already you could feel the heat, humidity and bugs!
Our Wednesday night program at church (J.A.M) came to a close in late April with a big celebration and lots of music. The kids have loved the program (and I've loved serving in the preschool!)
All sorts of activities took place in May at school, from dress up days to fun days to field days. JB had a field trip to Savannah to take a trolley tour. So much fun. I didn't capture many pictures (as parents do not attend too much, but every day the kids came home excited about something).
The school hosted events for the last week of school, including games - parents included! - at Carver and parties at the other schools. The kids tearfully said goodbye to some of the BEST teachers we've had yet: Ms. Layfield (4th), Mrs. Denton (2nd) and Mrs. Taylor and Ms. Kivrak (K).
Kids came home from the last day full of joy and happiness (and so much sweet food!)
We immediately took off to Dublin for some work and celebrated the first day of summer with ICE CREAM (at the new place downtown, Scoops).
Summer is off to a BANG! And we're excited for it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment