There was so much fun and excitement on this milestone birthday that I have to break it up into two posts. My family and (surprise, friends!) made sure that I felt all the love on my actual birthday. Early that morning, Mother and I dropped the kids off at school and headed to our first of several spa appointments around town, where we got facials, massages, our hair styled, and mani/pedis. HEAVENLY.

After our day, the kids practically pounced on me when we all got to the house with my presents. They love (especially Wesley) to watch - or help - open presents. I got lots of great things.
I knew James had made a dinner reservation for our family, and suspected nothing more than a nice dinner out. So imagine my surprise when I walked into the restaurant, James shooed me into the side banquet room, and I saw so many friends, colleagues and neighbors!! AAAAAH.
We had a delicious low county boil, the most beautiful (and yummy) cake, and my friends did a lovely job on the decorations - a book theme of "have a novel birthday". Love it. They know me so well.
I could not have planned nor imagined a more special day - and way - to turn 40. A BIG shout out to this guy, who I now know spent lots of time and energy planning and making everything so perfect. And to think the only thing I did for him on his 40th was...well...birth our third child. :) BUT, the bar is set high for his next milestone year! Love you, babe!
No comments:
Post a Comment