Earlier in the month they shared an idea for salt dough ornaments for an Easter tree. Seemed cute and easy enough! The bigger kids and I jumped on it. I ruined the first batch of dough, despite the fact that it's merely flour, salt and water. What can I say, I've never been much of a baker... :)
By the second batch, we were cooking with gas. JB's homeschool curriculum for the week asked us to practice with a ruler, so there. you. go. Done and done (totally rocking this teacher thing...)
After the ornaments baked and thoroughly hardened we painted them all sorts of pretty Spring colors (thank goodness I keep a pretty big craft closet).
Oh, and side note: we had no events or school parties to show off our embroidered Easter shirts. :( #firstworldproblems, I know, but I still feel the need to show them off. Are you even a Southern Mama if your child is not in monogram during a holiday season??
But back to our Easter decorations. After they dried and I put a little pizzazz on them with a white paint pen, we hung them up so we could enjoy them for Easter. And, TBH, they are still on our chandelier (a week after Easter) because Mama just can't bring herself to take them down. You better believe we're keeping these decorations forever and ever. Every year that I put them up, I'll remember how we made them during the strange and uncertain Spring of 2020 spent in lockdown!













No comments:
Post a Comment