Tuesday, March 17, 2020

St. Patrick's Day 2020

Well this has been a strange and somewhat sad St. Patrick's season. Our little town here does it up right for the big event, with nearly a month of festivities during the week and every weekend to celebrate our Irish heritage and sister city (of Dublin, Ireland).  But this year, instead of shamrocks, we have quarantines!  Everyone will remember back to the first St. Patty's of this decade when the cities, schools, governments, businesses and entire world shut down due to COVID-19.

Even though the kids are home from school today, I made sure they sat down for a coordinated picture.  I mean, it's still a global holiday for crying out loud!  Even under forced quarantine, we had to get our green on!





(Our) Dublin's annual St. Patrick's Day Committee made the decision to cancel all of our festivities right as they got underway, which we are very supportive of. It's the right thing to do in order to protect our community, stop the spread, flatten the curve.

We did get to participate in two events before the cancellations began:  The St. Patrick's Day gala (20s themed) and the Pig in the Park BBQ contest.  I only got two dang pictures.



So we're sad that there will be no Parade, Joint Civic Luncheon, Pancake Supper, or Leprechaun road race, but we understand and are praying that everyone here stays healthy and safe.  And I'm so appreciative of everyone who poured their time, energy and heart into preparations.  I can't wait for next year!

May your blessings be greater than your shamrocks.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment