Since JB is back in school and the little ones are gearing up for the start of their preschool, we made the most of the last few weeks with all sorts of in-town and out-of-town adventures. I'm also in what I fondly refer to as a "gap month". I wrapped up one job, but I'm not yet at my new job. We made this deliberate decision to allow for lots of playtime with the kiddos in July/August. I've enjoyed every second!
First, the Atlanta Children's Museum, where I braved the exhibits all by myself with the three kiddos.
Fortunately everyone behaved well and I only lost one or two of them a handful of times.
Goodness, I could hardly get this boy off the tractor! Dream come true for our blondie.
Maryn loved Doc McStuffins, but worried that a character in costume would jump out of the exhibit. (They did have a Daniel Tiger costume last year and it scared our poor gal to death. We confirmed - in front of Maryn - that they didn't have a similar Doc!)
They did have a little interactive play, but fortunately no costumes! I still had to hold on to two fearful little ones (while JB got up front for full audience participation.)
It took a few tries, but JB finally climbed to the top! See him in between Saturn and Jupiter?
JB and I also spent some 1:1 time in Atlanta the day before Kindergarten, with a surprise visit to LEGOLAND!!! He would not let me tell him the secret, asking me to keep it a surprise until he saw it himself. We walked through Phipps and he could barely contain himself, waiting to know where we were going.
AND THEN HIS FACE WHEN HE SAW THE NINJAGO POSTER!!!
We rode all the rides, played the games, went to the 4D movie, built race cards, and had. a. blast. He announced to us that he would like to be a Lego engineer and kit designer when he grows up. Sounds like a fantastic job.
I let him pick out a new Lego set when we left, and he said that, once built, it would always remind him of our day together. He said it was the "best day ever". (And now I'm a puddle in front of my computer...)
We also had a fun weekend with our friends at the lake, staying cool in the water and eating our weight in snacks. AND, JB had his first skiing lesson! He did very well and got up quite a few times.
You know it's always going to be a good time with these five silly friends!
I took the boys to get back to school haircuts, and they look adorate and SO GROWN UP.
| Before: SHAGGY |
Maryn had been feeling a little left out of all the activities with big brother, as he prepared for Kindergarten, so the day after he started school I took her for a little Mother/Daughter time. She requested three specific things when I pitched the idea to her: painting her nails, buying new shoes, and lunch as "cheerios" (Sucheros) for "olive quesadillas". We made all those things happens, including the brightest, girliest, light up sneakers I've ever seen. :)
Funny enough, James and I are both banned from the pool right now due to stitches. James tried to manhandle an outdoor fan (in the rain and barefoot), resulting in a major gash on his big toe. I had a mole come back with enough atypia and unclear margin that the doctor wanted to remove a good chunk of the surrounding skin. Sadly this means we've not been to the pool in a week! However, who needs a pool when you have a water hose and good neighbors??
Summer is one of those things we anxiously await, and it's sad to see it come to an end. But, like I said, "ending" is all relative - and I won't lie and say I can't wait for pumpkins, football and fall!













No comments:
Post a Comment