Sunday, November 25, 2018

Wesley Robert - 14 Months Old!

I'm behind on several very exciting events and posts - Addison's 2nd birthday, an Atlanta trip, a TEXAS TRIP, a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Plus I bought a new camera right before all of these things, which means I've downloaded 350 pictures from the last 10 days alone.  (Of course, many of those will be deleted - still getting used to this new Sony and all the settings!)  But, can't let too much time go past November 23rd without capturing the fact that Wes is now a month older.  FOURTEEN MONTHS OLD!!


Let's see, most exciting thing this month (a few days before he turned 14 months):  a few very cautious steps!  I wouldn't say he's a "walker" yet, but he's getting so very close.  Just needs to up his confidence a bit.  He has a permanent cheering squad with his fam, whenever he does wobble over. His siblings are thrilled and scream "good job, Wes-a-ley!!!!!" 



Teeth are still very much MIA. When in the world will I get to report on those pearly whites!? 



A few other funnies or notables about our little caboose baby this month:

  • He loves to clean up toys and put things away. Sometimes I'll find things in drawers, the trash, various buckets.  We have to watch him carefully, especially with keys.
  • Loves to play peekaboo.
  • Loves any toy that makes noise, especially obnoxious noises. He has this blue truck (thanks Aunt Wyllene!!) that he insists on playing with in the early morning, before his siblings are awake. 
  • Speaking of early morning, he's entered into a new phase where he's up before the sun....
  • However, he's the easiest child to put down for a nap or for bed. He doesn't even like to rock or cuddle anymore!  He'll request a book, then he points to his crib.  Once he's down, we don't hear a peep out of him. (This even goes for new places or new cribs - he's so easy!!)
  • Wesley babbles quite a bit - he's a vocal guy!  He definitely says Dada, Mama, Fish, and Dog. What he can't say he can point to, quite forcefully.  He's always pointing and grunting.
  • He's starting to pretend and mimic, like talking on the phone, brushing his hair, trying to put on shoes and clothes. Even though he's my third and this is age appropriate, I still can't help but think "gosh, this child is a genius!" every time he does something like that.
  • Wes loves his siblings, and tries his best to keep up with them.  He has serious FOMO and he'll throw a FIT if they leave him or you take him away from whatever they're playing with.
  • Wesley gives loves on command, and it's the absolute sweetest.
  • Poor dude needs a haircut so badly!  He has a definite mullet - and a very blonde mullet, at that.  
  • He is growing so much, and eating so well. I'm so curious as to his 15 month weight/height measurements. I know he had fallen off his charts, but there is no way he has stayed there (Mama's non-medical opinion, of course)

Love this little guy!  So very much!  Even when he screams bloody murder for a 2 hour flight. :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment