Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Happy Hearts Day!

I love all my sweeties so we love to celebrate Valentine's Day!  A few weeks ago I attempted a photoshoot for our official Valentine's Day card.  Can't say I got the best pics but even unhappy kids make cute kids.


For JB's class, he and I made V-day cookies using the BEST recipe from my sister-in-law (she's famous for her cookies).  The cookies turned out yummy, although not the prettiest. (The thought of rolling and cutting out 80 hearts overwhelmed me so I simply rolled into balls and flattened into circles.) JB sprinkled the cookies and did a fantastic job.



The custom Valentine's Day stickers I ordered for JB did not arrive by Monday night (GRRRR!) so I made a last minute trip to Kroger to find something acceptable.  (In case you're wondering, the selection of cards and materials at 10PM the night before Valentine's Days is super limited. Half the characters I didn't even recognize!  Thankfully I found some cute treat bags, wrote "love, JB" with a Sharpie and called it a night.)

On Valentine's day the kids woke up to gifts and balloons.  JB was just a teensy bit excited. (Even when he found out it was a book about emotions.)


My sweetie gave me new pajamas (much needed ones), and I gave him a pretty pink tie.  Practicality won this year, when it comes V-Day gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment