James is less concerned with the inside (I don't think he realizes we lack a coffee table in our living room!), but the outside space has been on his radar since before closing. Just like our Atlanta bungalow (remember this massive reno!?), the backyard is Priority #1 for my husband. And by "backyard" here I am talking 2 acres of land. Not a weekend project!
The previous owners had sectioned off a part of the space for a true "yard", leaving the majority of the space with natural trees, brush, and weeds. The birds and bunnies loved it. Naturally I convinced myself it provided housing for lots of snakes as well.
James has found some very solid men to help him with this project, and it's not uncommon to see Mr. Willem and Mr. Ben out in our yard at any given time. Or a huge piece of equipment (excavators, tractors, dump trucks). JB thinks this project is THE BEST EVER!!
We just got everything cleared and WOW, it looks great. We'll wait to seed until the Spring, and I am researching native plants that will draw lots of butterflies and birds. Looking forward to making this our outdoor sanctuary!













Oh man, I bet JB does love this project!! He is probably not in any rush for it to be completed. :) I can't wait to see what yall do with the place!
ReplyDelete