JB was particularly funny yesterday in his music class, so I thought I would share. I know the grandparents - my most loyal readers - just eat this stuff up. :)
First, he has finally decided that the other mamas are trustworthy. It took nearly 9 months of weekly classes, but JB is now comfortable with them. So comfy that yesterday he sat in each one of their laps. He would sit in one lap, jump up and run to another lady and sit in her lap, jump up and visit another lady.... He made it around the entire room, multiple times. When one lady laid down on the floor, he also ran over to her and patted her bottom. (I mean, do you apologize for that??? What are the mama rules here???)
(That leg he is leaning and sitting on is not mine. It's his little friend, Talia's mama's leg. JB has totally lost a sense of personal space.)
He has also realized that the other littles in his class are his friends. And he shows them by bopping them on the head. It's not aggressive or malicious, and JB is very clear (by his facial expressions and squeals) that he's doing it out of love. Still, his friends don't always appreciate when he runs up, lifts his little arm, and gives several quick pats on their noggin. I'm trying to teach him to pat something else, like a foot or leg. (NOT A BOTTOM).
![]() |
| At least he didn't hit them with the stick! |
Lastly, JB has become a little possessive of his sweet teacher, Miss Raina. Every week, each child sits in her lap to repeat the "bum bum bums", and yesterday JB went first. After his turn, the next child went up to sit in her lap…and JB ran up and sat in that child's lap! So, poor sweet gal had two children, sitting on top of her. I got him off, but with the next child it was the same thing! JB sat in three different kids' laps before I could finally distract him enough to stay with me.
I was on the fence about signing up for the Spring semester - only because we've already done two series and I was considering another type of class - but yesterday I didn't hesitate to put our names down again. JB loves his music class!


















Ha!! This is hilarious!! He looks like he has potential to be a band member come high school- I'll hold out hope!
ReplyDeleteLOL!
ReplyDeleteReagan was invited to her classmates bday party at The Music Class at the end of the month. I am interested to see if Reagan likes it!