Wednesday, June 13, 2012

More Enda!

Admit it.  You've just been dying for an update on how the little Vizsla baby doing.  Well, she's just a growing and getting more mischievous adventurous by the day.  I read the other day that puppyhood lasts about 2 years for a Vizsla - Lord, help us all....

iPhone photo updates are the easiest way to document what all she's gotten into recently, if I can even catch her quick enough to snap a photo!  And, not to get you too excited....but I also managed to create a video (WITH MUSIC) and upload it to You Tube.  My first time ever.  It's a big accomplishment, y'all.

First, she had a nice, long (13+ hour) road trip to Texas, and she did surprisingly well.  Considering the fact that she hates being confined AND likes to run around like a wild bandit most of the day, we were not looking forward to spending all that time with her, cooped up in our little hybrid.  We covered the backseat with her blanket, threw in her favorite pillow, and loaded her up with all her favorite toys, including her most prized possession:  a pig ear.  This managed to keep her happy nearly the whole way.


A few times she decided that the backseat was no fun anymore, and my seat was a better place to be.  I was able to stay strong for most of the trip, but broke down  a few times for a quick cuddle with my 30lb lap dog.



They say that Vizslas are "working dogs" and I can believe it.  She is very helpful around the house, particularly with housework.  As soon as she's a bit older we'll probably start talking about a Chore Chart and allowance....



Despite the fact that she gets plenty of play time, plenty of daily walk/runs, and plenty of cuddle time, she still feels that even a minute in her crate is too much.  When she's being quiet in her crate, I suspect that something is up.  Usually, I'm right...




Last little update - this gal discovered how fun the water can be.   Her first experience was at our friends' pool, splashing around with their sweet 80lb Bouvier puppy (yes that's a PUPPY!)  Two hours of swimming bought us a few hours of quiet time that evening, yeaaaaaaa!


After the posh pool we worried if she would find a baby pool as exciting....but fortunately she did.  Big entertainment factor for both her and us.  And now you - Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment