Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A little bit of Texas

Even though it's been nearly a month since my wonderful birthday celebration, I felt the need to document the cute birthday package that my parents put together for me.  It actually arrived a few days before their surprise visit, but fortunately I had followed instructions and not opened yet.

Just like my party, it was TEXAS THEMED.  Some of my favorite things from Texas all within one box.  Those two were very dedicated to collecting the contents, hitting up some of my favorite places in Austin (The Co-op, Central Market) and in Waco (HEB, Baylor) to find this stuff.  So creative, and some items was just plain funny.  Below is just a snippet of what was inside:

First, we upped our supply of some of the best BBQ rubs and sauces to come out of Texas. This may seem like a lot, but we go through a lot in our house.   This does not represent all the bottles in the box, mind you.  The local wildflower honey is already nearly gone...


After the sauces came the salsas.  This bottle was my favorite, because it basically represents everything that I stand for... :) 


Next came the UT paraphernalia.  Again, this is only a sample!  They even stuck in a Daily Texas that they picked up on campus.  So cute.


I'm probably the only person in Atlanta that has paper goods from HEB.  If you come to my house and need to blow your nose, your tissue will come out of a box with bluebonnet prints.  Those are staples in the Sasser house.  Fortunately, Mother and Daddy stocked me up on tissues along with other goodies from HEB:  Yellow Rose paper plates, a soft-sided Texas cooler, HEB bathroom spray (in Texas Wildflower scent - my favorite....)


This cutting board deserved a picture all by itself. When I'm chopping up my veggies, I can reminiscence about all the wonderful things in my State.



I have no idea where they found this plaque (I think it is the top of an old cigar or liquor box?), but it cracked me up beyond belief.  James is not thrilled that I have left this up in our kitchen, but it just speaks volumes!!


And, finally, some other miscellaneous items that Mother thinks I need to keep in the house:  plastic cups from the Baylor basketball games, the Wacoan magazine, and (for my honey) a Bush's styrofoam cup - his favorite.  



This was such a fun package to open (especially in front of my parents who spent so much time putting it together!)  I love those guys...they know me too well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment