This is a bit of an experiment, as I want to update the blog on our second Christmas celebration / adventure, but we have yet to return home to GA! So, I have downloaded the blogger app on my iPhone and am attempting to post from I-75S. Whew, typing on the iPhone takes some patience, especially for someone who only recently gave up her blackberry. I could have written a novel on that thing!
So, per usual, I wanted to drive down to Texas for Christmas. James begrudgingly agreed, even though he hates the 14 hour trip. Especially because we were taking "the gerbil", which is what he calls my little hybrid. But it gets 40+ mpgs and still has room for presents. No brainer!
Driving through Alabama we had to evacuate the interstate due to a tornado. That was - fortunately - the most eventful part of the trip. Christmas itself was wonderful, and we loved getting to spend more time with all the Kerrs and family friends. We were lucky enough to visit with two sets of Caswells, plus the Loyds. (AND I got to love on their little baby bump! So sweet!) Between Mexican train, a very generous Santa, day after Christmas swooping, and our long road trip, we had a blast!
And as we left Texas it wasn't the same 14 hour trip back home. Oh no - even more road trip adventures because we spent New Years in Florida. Even more excitement to come, but this post at least should close out Christmas.
I didn't even get out my camera, so I will have to document our trip via Instagram photos that I took with the iPhone. Also because I don't know how much more I can type on this thing!
 |
| Can't head through Alabama without stopping at Dreamland |
 |
| Someone had the grand idea to stay at DiamondJacks Casino... |
 |
| ...can't beat the jacuzzi in the bedroom! |
 |
| Welcome to Texas - Yeehaw! |
 |
Daddy loved his Chihuahua plaque to commemorate the
year he and Mother adopted Pedro. |
 |
| Mexican Train |
 |
| Fun times with Aunt Jennie at Poppa Rollos |
It was so good to see you, too! And I have yet tried to post from my new iPhone, but I did download the app a while back. I'll have to give it a whirl!
ReplyDelete