I'm just going to narrate the weekend with some pictures I took, because they tell the story of how much fun that we had.
First, there was all the food preparation. We had not one, but two turkeys. Oh, and a ham. And about a thousand sides that all came in a casserole dish. Love that 9X13! One of the funniest conversations I overheard was between my aunt (the fabulous hostess) and my health nut sister: "Aunt Judy, is there butter in this cornbread dressing?" "Oh, honey, not that much, just two pounds.". (For those of you who aren't familiar with how that translates, two pounds is EIGHT STICKS.)
| "That's not bacon grease, is it!?" |
The women weren't the only ones slaving away in the kitchen. The boys took their turkey frying responsibility very seriously, in between rounds of Corn Hole, bird watching, and beer drinking.

But the end result was a DELICIOUS feast that had a good mix of old traditions and new recipes. Check out my plate (which I cleaned):
One of the most special parts about this Thanksgiving is complete representation of Robert and Estella Kerr's (my grandparent's) offspring. All three brothers, all of their children, and all of their grandchildren. The complete bunch. Of course, no one remembered to grab a picture of everyone together, but I did manage to snap a few good shots of certain families.
| the Ben Kerr's |
| The Michael Kerr's |
| So glad the newlyweds could join us this year! |
| The Anderson's |
| Cousins! |
| Inlaws = co-conspirators |
![]() |
| Happy this little lady could join us! |
After everyone survived Thursday's eating festivities, we still had a fun-filled weekend in Houston. Lots of shopping, hanging out, and MORE EATING. Oh, and (randomly) a train ride.
The good news is that we took advantage of the lovely hiking trails in the neighborhood to walk off a few calories. Not sure if we made a dent on the expanding waistline, but at least the views were gorgeous!
As I said, so much to be thankful for! Our family is top of the list, but it's one of many things that we thank God for each and every day.















No comments:
Post a Comment