As I posted from I-35, we headed down to Texas a week early for a Kerr Family holiday, complete with my parents, all 3 siblings and their families, my grandmother, and a couple of cousins and uncles. Always lots of fun! Not only do I feel blessed to have the family that I have, but it's a
huge plus that we all get along and enjoy each other's company. Beside the occasional swipe at me that I'm being "uppity" and need to remember that "I'm a girl from the country", there's lots of love in the house.
Not a lot to share, except some pictures of kiddos and animals. My parents got a new poodle, Greycie, this Fall, and she has been a sweet addition. Considering the fact that she lets my niece, Tori, hold her 90% of the day, she's a keeper. (True story: I asked Tori if Greycie liked her, and she said "of COURSE! She runs from me, but as soon as I catch her and drag her out from under the bed she just LOVES me..." Ah, the innocence of a child. Let's hope that she doesn't say the same thing about her boyfriends when she gets older!!)
 |
| Tori, with the new dog (and her bff), Greycie |
 |
| Opening our gift - always the look you want to see! |
 |
| Love this girl! |
 |
| Bro-in-law: our live entertainment for the weekend |
And I can't forget about the other animals! The Kerrs love their cats! Below are Miss Charlie and Sushi, our cross-eyed kitty.
Besides the delicious Christmas dinner, we also hit up a few other Waco favorites: Poppa Rolla's, Bush's chicken, and the "Health Camp" (in quotes because it's anything but healthy.) I had been craving a chocolate malt for months, and I knew just where to go once we got to Waco. YUM!
Lastly, if we all remember my last ubber-important post about the
James' stocking, I mentioned that my inspiration was the collection of stockings we had as children (and Mother still fills today). I close out our Waco trip with a little glimpse into my original stocking below:
No comments:
Post a Comment