Monday, October 4, 2010

Are you following?

Just when I think I'm getting fairly tech savvy, I realize that I am completely delusional and most 10 year olds can handle some of the new gadgets better than me.  Sure, I've mastered the e-boarding pass on my blackberry; I just went from 0 to 2 Apple products in a month; AND I'm in the blogging world.  But the truth is, I don't know a quarter of what these things can actually do!

Take the iMac.  I have finally learned, as of this weekend, how to expand a webpage on the screen.  Excellent, considering that I've had it for 3 weeks and finally had to ask the Apple people how to do it.  I am still very confused by where to find my files and why I can't right click on the magic track pad.  (Maybe getting a gadget mouse on top of a computer was too big of a step for me?) 

I also now have an iPad thanks to the sweet hubby, and I have mastered how to read my Stieg Larsson on it plus surf the net.  Oh, and I bought my first app - an old favorite from my palm pilot days, "bejeweled".   I can tell after one weekend that I'm going to love, love, love the iPad, but I've gots to figure out how to use it!   I still look like an 90-year old woman, punching on the screen with her pointer finger because I don't know how to even type on the dang keyboard. 

Ah, technology.  One day I think I'll realize all the potential I have at my fingertips with these two toys, but until then I will just look like a goofball trying to perform the simplest of tasks.

And then there is the blog.  James, sweetheart that he is, is convinced that there are all sorts of things I can be doing with the blog and he asks me all the time why I'm not doing these "things".  Widgets, links, feeds, etc.  I have no clue what any of these things are I'm supposed to be doing.  He also told me I need "followers", and I managed to find and add this widget to the blog.  I don't know what it does, but - TA DA - it's now on the blog!  So, if you are someone who likes to get Sass'd and read up on our lives and antics, you can now FOLLOW US.  Just don't ask me what that means...because I have no clue.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment